Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Are you tired of your Adobo and Sinigang?







Written by: Christopher ( Family chef )

Did you know that Cooking and food preparation is also a work of art?
Art does not stay alone through paintings, sketching and sculpture actually every stuff that we love to do can be considered an art.
Actually my personal opinion in cooking and food preparation is simply like this.

 " You don't need to be a chef or a cook for you to prepare a quality, healthy and delicious food "

One of my favorite stuff to do is cooking! two years later I felt when I got home I prepared and cook the food actually the same way as before and there is no problem with that since every culture has the authentic and national food recipe to brag with other nationalities but I felt one day when I am preparing my list for the whole week menu I tell to myself
" adobo ( a chicken or pork meat that using a vinegar and soy sauce ingredient and some other spices to be added ) and sinigang ( a fish or meat soup with sour flavour with some fresh vegetables ) again?

well I might end up eating and enjoying our national recipe such as sinigang, adobo, sisig, lechon and many more I ask myself why I don't cook a recipe that I never prepared before? and for me it sounds exciting! because I will not prepare a menu the same way since my beautiful wife eats' a lot of Filipino foods I need to think more menus that I know she might eat and enjoy.

Did you also felt when most  of us we are eating outside like restaurant or fast food that we love we are so excited to eat and to enjoy the food that they will serve to us so that is the thing that gives me the idea and ask myself why I don't prepare a menu which is fresh and enjoyable to eat together with my family and that's what I did, every time I got home after a months of work abroad ( since I'm a seafarer ) every menu that I've eaten on board and seen on TV or in the internet which is delicious I'll make sure ill wrote it on my food menu list! so that when I got home I have another exciting menu for my family to share it with.

So here I will share to you some benefits of preparing and cooking a food menu which you might have an interest.


1. Bonding:

When you go to supermarket and grocery store you are excited to buy the new ingredients that you never bought before likewise when you are preparing for it, it is a good opportunity to have a bonding with your family to start preparing for the desired menu.

Bonding with the family is one of the best thing you cannot bought by money bonding enrich the relationship of the family just imagine if you will cook an adobo do you think who will be with you to prepare for it? but how about preparing your own concept of burger and fries? or any menu that you are excited with, does is it make sense to your family members to be excited to help you in preparing?


2. Cooking Skills:

The more you cook new recipes the more your family and loved ones will appreciate your food they will appreciate every menu that you cook because you put an effort to study and train yourself to be a good cook and you add value in your cooking skills and they will not end up telling it to your back saying " same menu again and again "


 3. Eating is also glorified in the bible:

As king Solomon said there are two most important things in this world that man should enjoy  " eat, drink & have faith "

 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God
1st Corinthians 10:31 (King James Version )

have you notice? three things in life is the most important because if you don't eat and drink you will die in hunger and thirst if you don't have faith you don't know where to go when you die other things is just additional to human life for us to fulfill this so called life so since one of the most important thing in this short life is eating so why we don't teach our selves to discover new recipes so that our family will enjoy the time that we spent when we are eating together.


4. Healthy and Enjoyable to eat:


On my last vacation on 2015 around November I prepared my own simple concept of burger and fries







and since my wife is a manager in well-known fast food chain in the Philippines I know that she is too familiar in eating a burger and who among you doesn't know about burger and fries? When the time I am preparing at home I saw my wife when she got home from work she is smiling and she said 
"wow burger " and I became more excited because I know the fact that she is excited to the snack that I am preparing and after I've finished my preparation I am also excited because my little daughter chrislyn initiate to prepare our small folded table that we use when we are eating together while watching on our television.

I am happy because everyone is excited to eat because I put some effort to prepare a meal for them so that we can have a bonding through eating.

Preparing a food is not just about eating it is a relationship that builds the family values.


If you want to learn more recipe for your family start now by surfing on the social media.
I may suggest the following well known chef around the world that we can have something new to prepare in our dine in table.


Boy logro ( our very own kusina master )


Gordon Ramsey


Nigella Lawson


Jamie Oliver


and many more well-known chef that I did not mention.

I will assure you your cooking skills will never be the same again.

Thank you and I hope I have shared something to you today
God Bless..




No comments:

Post a Comment